Search This Blog

Translate

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

stuck.

I'm not stuck on someone.
I'm stuck on something.

But that something
Has come
In the form of someone,
Which,
Of course,
Makes it more difficult
To become unstuck.
Because
I can't just violently
Or suddenly
Rip that something
Away from me
Upon impulse.
I've tried that already.
And it hurts.
Because that something
Is actually
A someone.
And someones
-More than
mere somethings-
Have feelings
That must be taken
Into consideration.
Someones deserve
Dignity
Respect
And care
Because they have
Hearts that beat
Life
And lungs that breathe
Air.

So,
I am stuck.
Really, really
stuck.

Stuck between
What should never
Have been,
But what,
Nevertheless,
Is.

Stuck between
What is not
A mistake,
Yet what is also
Not
The most sensible
Choice I could have made
-And still,
Currently,
Make.

Well,
Actually,
It's quite
Sensible
-In some ways-
But absolutely
Crazy
In others.

Oooooh!
I am so stuck!
Stuckety
Stuck
Stuck
Stuck.

But this
Sticky situation
Is not beyond
Hope.
That
-At least-
Is for certain.
To become unstuck
Is very possible.
It has been done.
Stuck someones
From everywhere
Do it everyday.
But the process
Will be
-And has been-
Painful
And not
Fun.

Like ripping a bandaid
Off sensitive flesh,
Whether you do it
Fast
Or
Slow
Matters little,
For both
Hurt
Like hell
And often reveal
A nasty scar,
Which only
Time
Can cover up
Well.

I almost asked,
"Oh, what to do?"
But that is not
An intelligent
Question,
For the answer
Is quite obvious:
Get unstuck!

Now I want to ask,
"OK, so then
How to do it?"
But that question
Is pointless, too.
For it does not
Matter
So much
How,
But only
That I
Do.

No comments: